You work hard to care for your skin, but spider veins can cause you to feel less confident about your appearance. Fortunately, treatments are available that can reduce the appearance of spider veins and give your skin a boost.
What are Spider Veins?
Spider veins are broken blood vessels that occur just beneath the skin’s surface. They are not harmful, but they appear as red web-like streaks that can lead you to depend on covering them with cosmetics. Spider veins are most prominent on the cheek area of the face.
Spider Vein Causes
Spider veins can be caused by several factors, including:
- Genetics – if your mother suffered from spider veins, chances are higher you will develop them, as well.
- Pregnancy – as estrogen levels increase with pregnancy, it can lead to the formation of spider veins.
- Sun exposure – if you spent time as a sunbather, your chances of developing spider veins increase.
- Alcohol usage – alcohol causes the skin to flush due to the enlargement of blood vessels. Binge drinking can lead to permanent spider veins.
- Rosacea – this skin condition is marked by red, flushing skin.
Diagnosing Spider Veins
While spider veins are easy to recognize, it is important to see your doctor to rule out any possible underlying conditions. Dr. Kami Parsa has years of experience diagnosing spider veins and can help you determine the cause.
Spider Vein Treatments
If your spider veins are minimal, there are some natural remedies you can try to reduce their appearance. Apple cider vinegar can be used as a toner to help remove redness. Horse chestnut is an herb that may offer some relief when used in a topical application. The temperature of your water can help, too. Avoid using hot water when cleansing your face, opting for warm water instead.
If you are concerned about the safety and efficacy of treating spider veins at home, the team at Parsa M.D. can help. Vasculase is a laser treatment shown to safely and effectively eliminate spider veins and leave your face looking smoother and clearer.
If spider veins are robbing you of your confidence, call the office of Dr. Kami Parsa today to schedule a consultation.