To say this year has been difficult on everyone is a complete understatement. None of us has ever lived through an event like the COVID-19 pandemic. As we continue to struggle with rising cases, sick friends and loved ones and the uncertainty that is still so prevalent, it is hard to find normalcy. Therefore, it is so important to look for beauty where we can find it, and to do things for ourselves to make us feel a bit more secure.
Cosmetic Eye Treatments
Kami Parsa MD has dedicated his career to making patients feel better about themselves through cosmetic and reconstructive oculoplastic surgery. Dr. Parsa understands how the stresses of the pandemic are causing many of us to feel isolated and even more out of touch. Even though we know masks protect us and others from this virus, daily mask wearing separates us from everyone and makes us feel cut off so taking some steps to take care of yourself and feel good about yourself is important right now.
Everyone is wearing masks now, so the eyes have become front and center as the eyes are one of the only facial features that are showing due to masks covering most of our faces. Below, Dr. Parsa explains how some simple treatments can improve the area around your eye and help you look and feel your best during this difficult time:
“In the post-COVID era where everyone is wearing masks, the eyes are the only thing we see these days. We have a number of quick procedures to address the area around the eyes including Botox®, microneedling, Co2 butterfly lift and the duplex procedure. For patients who want a more dramatic cosmetic result, we have our very own special surgical techniques, the Trifecta and Quadfecta lift which address the eye area and produce very natural cosmetic results.”
Let’s expand on Dr. Parsa’s suggestions and explain the different procedures and how you could benefit.
Perhaps you desire more youthful eyes but do not want to undergo a surgical treatment. Dr. Parsa offers several treatments that could be just what you seek. Here are a few suggestions:
- Botox – First released in 1977 as a treatment for eye muscles, doctors recognized the benefits Botox had on wrinkles and began using it cosmetically in 1996. The FDA approved it for cosmetic use in 2002. Botox blocks signals from nerves to muscles, meaning the injected muscle is unable to contract. This allows the wrinkles to relax and appear much less visible.
- Upper and Lower Eyelid Fillers – From hollow eyelids to lower eye bags and dark circles, fillers can completely change the appearance of your eyes. Dr. Parsa offers several filler treatments that can restore the appearance of younger eyes.
- The Butterfly Lift™ – This procedure, coined by Dr. Parsa, is a treatment based on laser technology. Fractionated CO2 lasers are the latest in skin treatments that can tighten skin, give a younger appearance and even reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Surgical treatments for the eyes have enjoyed amazing advancements as well. Dr. Parsa approaches the science of surgical procedures with an artist’s touch.
- Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty – This procedure is performed under local anesthesia and usually takes one to two hours to complete. The incision is hidden, and the recovery time is relatively short. Most who undergo this procedure can expect to be back to work in around 7 days.
- Trifecta and Quadfecta Lift – These procedures, developed by Dr. Parsa, are designed to target the sensitive areas around the eye that are most affected by aging. The Trifecta Lift focuses on lower eyelid bags, the skin surrounding the eye area and the loss of volume that leads to a sunken eye look. The Quadfecta Lift combines the Trifecta Lift but with extra attention given to the upper eye area.
The pandemic will eventually dissipate, and we will be able to return to normal. Until then, it is important to take care of and pamper yourself, not only physically, but emotionally as well. Call Kami Parsa MD today to schedule a consultation. We would love to connect with you.