Hiding the scars that are a result of years of struggling with acne can be difficult. The situation can leave you feeling frustrated and self-conscious. With the help of our Beverly Hills oculoplastic surgeon, we can find you a solution for your acne scars .
Acne Scarring Treatments
There are several options that you may have to consider. We can offer the following as stand-alone procedures, or combine a few to get you improved results:
- Bleaching Cream – If your scars stand out because they’re a different pigment than your smooth skin, then their appearance can be diminished by using an over-the-counter bleaching agent.
- MicroNeedling – This method uses tiny needles to pierce the skin and put it into the healing phase, which will help generate healthy tissue to reduce the appearance of scars.
- Facial Fillers – Indented scars can be filled in by Injecting them with collagen or fat-containing facial fillers.
- Laser Resurfacing – Special wavelengths are used in lasers to improve the appearance of your skin.
- Dermabrasion – This procedure involves removing the top layer of skin to diminish surface scars and lessen the appearance of deeper ones.
- Chemical peeling – This method uses acid to lift away the top layer of your skin and reveal smoother looking skin underneath.
- Surgery – Though it’s considered surgery, punch excision is a minor procedure in which our doctor cuts out individual acne scars and closes the area with stitches or a graft.
Which Acne Scarring Treatment Is Best for You?
To determine which of the above treatment options is best for your acne scars, schedule a consultation with Dr. Kami Parsa in Beverly Hills.