At-Home Cosmelan Application Guide
- Please read through these instructions carefully before your virtual consultation. Ensure that you have all of your aftercare and application supplies in advance of your appointment. If you have any questions, contact the office.
- For best results, you’ll need to keep Cosmelan on your skin like a mask for ONLY the amount of time told to you by the provider!
- The provider supervising your virtual application will tell you how long to keep it on your skin. Don’t forget the timer!
- Cosmelan can be applied over facial hair that is trimmed very short. If you would like to shave, please do it 24 hours in advance.
- Do not do anything that will generate heat in the skin or cause sweating while wearing Cosmelan (i.e. exercising or cooking).
- Take care not to disturb the Cosmelan mask once it’s applied. Carefully use a cotton swab in case you have an itch.
- Apply the Cosmelan while wearing a button down shirt or a shirt with a large neck in case you need to change clothing.
- Make sure you have some gauze sheets or cotton balls to prepare the treatment area with the degreasing solution (included in the kit) and a tongue depressor stick or disposable gloves to apply the Cosmelan peel.
- If you’re applying it on areas of the body, it may help to have some plastic wrap and medical tape to cover the area afterward to avoid having the product rub off onto clothing.
- Open the box labeled Mesoestetic Cosmelan Pack and lay out the contents.
- The box of Cosmelan contains a smaller jar labeled Cosmelan 1 Facial Mask, a larger jar labeled Cosmelan 2 Cream, a small bottle with a blue solution inside labeled Oil Removing Solution, and a white tube of cream labeled Hydra-Vital Factor K.
- Cleanse your skin with a gentle cleanser to remove any dirt, sunscreen, or makeup. Then use the Step 1 Preparing Solution. Take a gauze sheet or cotton ball, wet it with the solution and wipe down the entire area to be treated. Wipe in two different directions to ensure you remove all oil from the skin.
- Following the skin prep, open the jar labeled Cosmelan 1 Facial Mask.
- With a tongue depressor/spatula (or disposable gloves if applying to large areas of the body), apply Cosmelan 1 Facial Mask in a THICK layer over the entire treatment area. Spread the product like you’re frosting a cake, then make a “patting” motion with the spatula to ensure no areas are missed. You can leave a little extra product in the jar for touch ups on stubborn areas of pigmentation in three weeks.
- If you’re applying it to the face, use the wooden tongue depressor and avoid applying it too close to the eyes or lips; you want to get as close as possible without touching the edge of the lips or going beyond the orbital rim (eye/cheek bones). Make sure you extend the application all of the way down the jaw line and up to the hair line.
- If the area being treated is on the body, cover the treated areas with plastic wrap (the kind you use for food storage) and secure it with medical tape.
- To ensure the Cosmelan 1 Facial Mask was applied correctly, text or email high resolution photos to your provider. Send at least three photos: one from each side and one straight-on.
- Set a timer as instructed by your provider and remove the Cosmelan mask after the allotted time. Refer to the separate post-care instructions when removing the mask.
- Starting the following day after application, follow the additional aftercare instructions given to you by your provider for 9-13 more days unless otherwise instructed.
- If you have any questions or concerns during the healing process, please contact your provider.