Duplex (Morpheus and C02)
Read and follow all instructions carefully for the best outcome!
- Discontinue skin irritants 1 week prior (retinoids, salicylic acid, hydroquinone, glycolics) and avoid sun exposure/tanning. No accutane within 1 year.
- Arrive with clean skin void of lotion, oil, makeup or self tanning agents.
- Please let us know if you are prone to cold sores so that prophylactic medications can be given.
- Fill all medications at the pharmacy, prepare cool compresses (frozen peas in small Ziploc bags), and vinegar soak solution
- Arrive without contact lenses and bring glasses in the event that we place ocular shields for treatment close to the eye.
- Bring a large hat to protect from the sun.
- Coordinate a driver if you plan to take medication for pain/anxiety
- Some discomfort/heat/throbbing or headache is normal for the first few hours or days. The most significant discomfort is the first 30-60 minutes post treatment! Swelling is expected, is worse in the morning and improves as you sit up or walk around.
- Rest and sleep with your head raised on 2 to 3 pillows for the first few days.
- Apply cool compresses to the area on top of a thin towel or fabric, 15-20 min every hour to soothe discomfort if needed
- For full face or other large treatment areas: Apply vinegar soaks 3 times a day for 15 minutes until you begin to peel.
- Take medications as instructed.
If you have excessive bleeding or pain, call the office at (310) 777-8880
Post-Treatment Expectations & Instructions:
- AVOID: high heat, sun, blood thinners/alcohol, touching the skin
- Treatment side effects may include: discomfort, excessive skin redness, swelling, changes in skin texture, change of pigmentation (hyper- or hypo-pigmentation), and less likely, scarring, and infection.
- You may begin cleansing and skincare the next day.
- Avoid picking, peeling, scrubbing or exfoliating! This can cause scarring.
- Avoid exercise initially. You may resume light exercise after 5-7 days and intense exercise after 10 days.
- Avoid dusty environments, dirt, or chemical contact such as hairspray to skin.
Post Procedure Skin Care Instructions:
- Post-procedure products may be applied as outlined below or recommended by your provider. We recommend the Alastin Post Care Kit $270 (plus tax).
- You may wash your face the day after the procedure. Remember to treat the skin gently, avoid scrubbing/exfoliating, trauma or high heat to the treated area.
- SPF is required daily to protect the skin from sun damage, pigmentation and scarring
- We recommend avoiding makeup as it wont sit well on peeling/dry skin. Once healed, we recommend light, breathable makeup such as Oxygenetix Foundation $66 (plus tax) or SkinBetter ToneSmart Compact $75 (plus tax)
- You may resume retinols after 2 weeks of fully healed skin.
- Avoid spray tanning/sun tanning for 6 weeks minimum
Alastin Kit instructions:
For the first 2 days:
- Wash your face the next morning
- Use the Skin Nectar 3 times daily.
- Apply the moisturizer on top
- Additional products may be used on day 4
Starting Day 4
- 1st – Cleanse with gentle cleanser
- 2nd – Apply Skin Nectar or switch to Restorative Skin Complex if purchased
- 3rd – Apply Moisturizer
- 4th – Apply Sunscreen full face
- 1st- Cleanse with gentle cleanser
- 2nd- Skin Nectar or Restorative Skin Complex
- 3rd- Moisturizer