- Avoid skin irritation or intentional skin tanning. Sun-screen SPF 30+ is advisable when outdoors two weeks prior and after treatment.
- Arrive for treatment with clean skin.
- There should be NO LOTION, OIL, MAKE-UP or SELF-TANNING PRODUCTS present on the skin in the area to be treated.
- Patients with a history of diseases stimulated by heat, such as recurrent Herpes Simplex (history of cold sores), may be treated only following a prophylactic regime. Please let provider know.
- Immediately after treatment, YOU will have redness and swelling (a few hours).
- You will experience lifting and toning of the treated area, however optimal result will be after 6-8 treatments.
- SPF and makeup can be applied immediately after treatment.
- There are no restrictions on bathing or using topical products.
- The use of a zinc oxide sun block SPF 30+ at all times is important with avoiding sun exposure for one week after treatment. In addition, the use of SPF should be maintained daily.
- Can resume daily exercise.
The side effects may include:
- Discomfort Excessive skin redness (erythema) and/or swelling (edema)
- Damage to natural skin texture (crust, blister, burn)